A question that pops up now and then in the recent digital era- What is ransomware?
Well, it is a malware or a type of cyber threat that has grown rapidly in the last few months. The hackers encrypt and hold important data and information to pressurize the victim to pay the ransom. The victim can be a person, a family, a group of people, or an entire organization. The data is held captive with no permission of access to the owners. The victims are demanded a certain amount of money in return for access. McAfee is not enough to just buy an antivirus solution and install it via McAfee.com/Activate. This is because when an organization is attacked with ransomware, every individual related to it gets entitled to worry. As in this technology-dominated world, data is stored and can be shared very easily.
TIPS AND RECOMMENDATIONS
Apart from getting the best McAfee antivirus and installing it through mcafee.com/activate, here are a few tips that might help you secure your data:
• Maintain a backup of all your data.
• Maintain online safety with browsing.
• Ensure using secured networks only.
• Keep changing your credentials.
• Incorporate password manager software.
• Never settle on paying the ransom.
• Enable multi-layer authentication programs.
• Ensure a comprehensive security solution.
Also, If you want to know how to link a Microsoft Office subscription with your Office account, then Browse Office.com/Setup now!