- Can be made by phoning the practice which you wish to attend. All practices have an appointment system with a number of on-the-day appointments made available for emergencies. Where possible, patients will be booked to consult with their usual doctor.
- To ensure your appointment is made at a time which suits your needs, we advise that you make your appointments well in advance where possible.
- If you are unable to attend your appointment, please notify us so another patient may utilise this time.
- If you have a complex condition or several issues to discuss, longer consultations are available. Notification is necessary upon booking the appointment if you require this service.
- Please report to the reception desk upon your arrival at the Practice. Despite our best intentions, we sometimes run late. This happens due to medical emergencies or patients requiring more time during consultations. Unfortunately this cannot be accurately calculated in advance.
- Weekend, after hours and on-call services are available by calling the practice number and follow the instructions on the answering machine message.
- In case of an emergency out of surgery hours, call an ambulance on 000
Fees and Billing
- Please enquire about standard consultation fees by visiting the individual practice page or by phoning the practice
- After hours consultations will incur an out of pocket fee of $40.00
- The Doctor or reception staff will advise you of other out-of-pocket costs that may arise from your consultation or treatment
- It is required that payment is finalised on the day of consultation
We can lodge your paid account with Medicare at the time of consultation. By supplying your bank details (to Medicare), the Medicare rebate is paid directly to you within 3 days.
The following patients are eligible for bulk billing:
- Pensioners and HealthCare Card Holders
- Children under 16 years of age (for general consultations only)
- DVA Card Holders and Nursing Hostel residents
- Comprehensive Health Assessments, Care Plans, PAP tests (by nurses) and immunisations are also Bulk Billed.
Patients not fitting the above criteria will be privately billed.
- It is our Policy not to write prescriptions without seeing the patient.
- In special circumstances repeat prescriptions can be written, although there will be a fee of $10.00.
- It is the patient’s responsibility to discuss any associated costs for services provided by a Specialist with whom they are being referred to.
- A review appointment is required for results of all tests, unless advised otherwise by the Doctor.
- If the GP is with a patient, a message will be taken and the reception staff will advise you when it is likely that the GP will return your call. Your call will always be put through to the first available Practitioner in an emergency.
- Home visits are available for regular patients of this practice whose condition prevents them from attending the surgery. If your problem is an emergency, inform the receptionist and your call will be put through to a doctor or nurse.
- The practices occasionally have medical and nursing students on placement. Your Doctor may ask you if the student can attend your consultation. Please advise reception staff if you do not wish this to occur. Remember, an appointment with a student today, helps train a Doctor for tomorrow!
- All our doctors undertake continuing professional education and training. Unfortunately, this means that your own doctor may not always be available. We encourage you to see another doctor in these circumstances.
- This practice is committed to providing the highest quality medical care to our patients by delivering ethical, consistent, timely and comprehensive medical care encompassing family medicine, emergency care and preventative health strategies. To achieve this we operate a modern Medical Practice where our patients’ welfare is our priority.
Personal Health Information
- Your medical record is a confidential document.
- It is the policy of this practice to maintain security of personal health information at all times and to ensure that this information is only available to authorised members of staff.
- Copies of your medical reports and results are available to patients on request.
- Formal identification and authorisation is required.
Patient Health Reminders
- In the interest of our patients’ health, this practice reminds patients by letter or phone to advise them of important tests, reviews or immunisations which may be due. However, if you do not wish to receive these reminders, please advise your doctor.
- We welcome feedback from our patients at all times. If we have failed to meet your expectations at any time, please feel free to make an appointment with the Practice Manager. Any concerns are dealt with as a matter of priority.
- If you feel there is a problem you wish to take up outside the Practice you may wish to contact the Victorian Government Centre for handling complaints:
The Victorian Health Services Commissioner
Level 30, 570 Bourke Street,
Melbourne, Vic 3000
Tel: 1800 136 066
National Auslan Interpreter Booking Service (NABS)
Ph: 1800 246 945 Fax: 1800 246 914